Saturday, October 4, 2008

I Can See Russia From My House

Things are picking up here at Vassar as I start to develop somewhat of a routine. Swimming is now a daily commitment, I had my first paper and exam in almost a year and a half, and last night I had a field trip to the New York Met to see the opera "LucĂ­a di Lamermoor" with my Italian class. Here's a brief overview of the past three weeks at Vassar...

My new and improved room.

My Environmental class took a field trip to the Mohonk Preserve...

...mostly to admire the view of the Hudson River Valley.

The Vassar pool. Swimming started in earnest this week, kicking off the season with a midnight to 2am practice. Brutal!

The "Barefoot Monkeys" performing their fire show. Amy is somewhere in this picture, spinning a staff lit on both ends.

Mom came to visit for Freshmen Parent's Weekend!

The Great Hudson.

Mom giving me my new bike!

At exactly midnight on my birthday, a bunch of my friends came in with posters and cookies!

Completely unexpected!

Hannah and my roommate Neal, who helped prevent me from going to bed so the surprise would work.

"Four East", our floor, had a little party as well.

My ridiculous gag gifts.

A very fun birthday.

Neal and I put this giant picture of Sarah Palin on our door...left-wing obscenities not included in this photo.

4 comments:

Yo Mama said...

Yea! Great photos and I'm happy to have seen you and see how you're living your new life. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hope this comment makes it to the right blog!!! The first time it went to the first blog....go figure
Looks like you're having a great time at Vassar. Especially like you room now....and why the swimming at midnight!!!??? I assume the coach has some reason that makes sense?? Love Gramma Jackie

Jim Smart said...

Me likey.

Ashley said...

te echo de menos