Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Going Hungry, and Going to the Theatre



GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!! I am writing from London, England, a beautiful, cultural, bustling city absolutely reeking of history. My third week of classes at the British American Dramatic Academy has begun and I couldn't be more thrilled about my professors and what I will be learning from them. I'm taking six classes: Shakespeare's Tragedies, Dramatic Criticism, Theatre and Culture, Acting Shakespeare, Acting Comedy, and Playwriting. Living in London is wonderful, mostly because of the vast array of wonderful theatre I can decide to see at any moment. I spent my first few days here, before the program started, seeing the sights and finding the parts of London I liked best. I've also been scheming about weekend visits to the rest of Western Europe, and have already seen Bath as part of a lovely two-day trip. The thing I am most excited about for this whole semester is my immersion into the world of theatre. When I'm not seeing plays, I'm writing about them, and when I'm not writing about them, I'm reading them, and when I'm not reading them I'm discussing them with people who are equally passionate about this art form. This is an opportunity to sacrifice such superfluous things as sleep and food (kidding, Mom) for the sake of studying drama and seeing excellent shows. As my travels expand, I will of course have fantastic photos of Europe but for now, a slew of London pictures should suffice. Cheers!





























No comments: