Monday, March 23, 2009

Get Your Towels Ready (Spring Break Part 1: the Adirondacks & Venice)

Okay, I don't know how I'm ever going to top Spring Break '09. Italy was all I ever heard about or dreamed of and so much more. It really is one of those places that you go into with high expectations, and leave entirely satisfied. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, and I have so many I have to separate them into three sections (the last post will end up being on the top but you'll figure it out). Enjoy!!

Saying goodbye to Amy, who spent her Spring Break all over France. Will went with the Vassar track team to Arizona.

But first he invited me and Neal to join him for a weekend with his cousin at Paul Smith College. Smack dab in the middle of the Adirondacks, there were some great opportunities for hiking.

Neal, Will and I at the top of St. Regis, a mountain near the school.

The view from the top was amazing.

On the way back we passed by Camp Treetops, where I spent the summer of 2004.

Flying over France!!

Our first impression of Venice.

The Rialto Bridge! Taken from the water taxi going along the Grand Canal.

Masks! Masks everywhere!

My first gelato!!! And not my last.

Best photo ever.

These horses were made in the 2nd century....B.C.

Basilica San Marco (hundreds of tourists in foreground)!

A view from the Accademia Bridge.

"Circumcision" by Jackson Pollock, at the Peggy Guggenheim Gallery of Modern Art. Absolutely indescribable.

Bottom line: it's hard to take a bad picture of Venice.

1 comment:

Yo Mama said...

Love it! The Adirondacks look different in the winter...