Wow it has been a while since I last updated. It's probably because I'm having too wonderful a summer to interrupt it with a blog posting! A brief interruption, then.
So far I have completed my goal of being in the water - ocean, pool, whatevs - at least once per day this summer (and boy is my skin showing it!). My family and I have spent many enjoyable afternoons at Sandy beach, Waimea Bay, surfing at Waikiki. My high school friends and I are finding time in our schedules for some good catching up. Even when we discuss each of our colleges, it fascinates me that it's almost like we never left. In mid-June, I got to take Ashley and Gabby to Moloka'i to see Tutu and Papa, very relaxing fun. Soon thereafter work started for me: in the mornings I am once again teaching summer school musical theatre, where our middle schoolers are performing "Seussical the Musical Jr". I love that show, and Cindy and I are pros at this Teaching Aide job after doing it last summer. In the afternoons I'm a swimming instructor at the Punahou pool. I like the challenges involved, and am getting used to just how tiring it can be to keep 1st graders from drowning. Right now my weekdays are pretty busy, but I can't possibly complain. A summer spent in Hawai'i is pretty hard to complain about.
Amy, Cindy and Ashley.
Awwwww.
Oh I love Hawai'i Kai.
Gabby, Ashley, Cindy and I also went to the North Shore, just cuz we could.
Arriving at Ka Home Maluhia!
Pure hammock bliss.
Tutu and her Suicidal Frog.
Ashley, me and Gabby having the time of our lives on Moloka'i.
Papa, Auntie Pam, and Tutu.
We're so cute.
Sunset!
The flight back was so spectacular, I had never seen O'ahu so clearly. Amazing!
Can't believe I live HERE.
Masha, our friend from Vassar, came for two weeks to stay with Amy.
Sierra and her surf board at Waimea Bay.
Masha, me and Paige.
Parents hiking to the Makapu'u lighthouse, with Koko Crater in background.
The Makapu'u Lighthouse!
The LOST beach (named by the Smart family).
1 comment:
Nice one, jacko
Post a Comment