Well, life at Vassar continues to be anywhere from decent to downright excellent. I turned 20, for one thing, and we just had our week-long October Break, a welcome rest from the onslaught of homework. The Vassar swim team has officially begun its season, with nine practices a week. (!) Teaching lessons is over, but my box office responsibilities have grown and I continue to juggle all this with my five classes. The pressure to decide on a junior semester abroad program is increasing slightly, but I've done some research about the many many options out there and I'm really excited. Today was our first day back from break, and I thought I would put up some pictures of my adventures. Then I'm going outside to enjoy the weather's "last hurrah" before winter arrives.
A few weekends ago, Kai and Cindy came to visit their Vassar friends, and we had a fantastic field trip to the new pedestrian bridge in honor of Henry Hudson's sailing the river 400 years ago.
We ate Mexican food and it was good.
A view of the Hudson!
It was a really good weekend for lounging on the Vassar quad...
...and dancing the night away.
Welcome to Vassar College during October break! Population: 1 That's right, most people go home for break, so the campus was pretty desolate. But I enjoyed that, and got to catch up on a lot of little things I needed to do. Like sleep.
Sunset Lake!
I biked to Barnes and Noble and found entire shelves of Hawai'i books!
I went to the bridge again during break. It is the world's highest pedestrian bridge!
I also stayed with Cindy in NYC for a few days over break. Meg, Neal, Amy and Nina were all there at some point, and I got to see Jude Law in Broadway's "Hamlet" (amazing) and enjoyed another NYU production.
Cindy, Amy, Martine and I spent a fun afternoon cruising the streets of Manhattan. I love it there!
1 comment:
Thanks for the post! I like seeing the gang and seeing your FACE!
Post a Comment