Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ask Propecia


I know it's been a whole month since I last updated, but it feels like November hardly happened at all. It's been the usual blur of late library nights, challenging swim practices, stressful box officing, and occasionally, time with friends. Swimming has taken up much of my weekends, we've already had four meets and our big end-of-semester championships, Liberty Leagues, are next weekend. I've been swimming pretty darn well, picking up some personal bests and generally being proud of my team's progress. For updates and impressive-sounding reports of our results, here is the website:
http://vassarathletics.com/index.aspx?tab=swimminganddiving&path=mswim

In other news, I've been studying world drama and Shakespeare with increasing enthusiasm, and my Renaissance Art lectures have been hitting it out of the park. I'm really pleased with this semester's classes, and I bet next semester won't be quite as spectacularly perfect, but we've already registered and everything. Applications for studying abroad are due soon, and I'm pretty settled on studying in Rome next fall. I'm just getting back from my excellent (though short) Thanksgiving break; I got to see high school friends and take a breather from the school school school. Before I know it finals will be upon us, and we'll be able to count down the days until home. Happy Thanksgiving!!


Vassar in the fall. Those leaf-eating machines are so weird.


Happy Halloween...


The trashy Disney stars: Meg as Miley Cyrus, Jack as Troy Bolton from High School Musical, and Neal as Robert Pattinson from Twilight.


Naomi, Annie and Amy.


And of course Gumby steals the show in every photo.


The Vassar Swim & Dive team at the Kresge pool, about to kick some serious butt.


Last Saturday was our home meet against New Paltz, and our stands were filled with parents and alumni cheering us on!


Dustin and Ian celebrating another good swim meet. Just priceless.


Greg "The Diver" Sullivan and I on the night I lost my camera (I got it back four days later - yay for small campuses!)


In Boston for Thanksgiving! We had a mini Punahou reunion at the Union Oyster House.


It's the oldest restaurant in America!


Paige, Jess and Kai.


Kai's delicious cranberry sauce.


Cooking at Paige's dorm.


Doing dishes!... I miss Moloka'i :)


Our beautiful Thanksgiving dinner!


Amy was in Boston too. Even though we are all swamped with homework, I was grateful (Happy Thanksgiving!) that I got a little bit of time with my friends.


For my Art History class, I had to take a trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and choose from a list of pieces to write about.


Even though it wasn't on my list of works of art, I couldn't resist stopping by the Met's Van Gogh section!

1 comment:

Yo Mama said...

Yea! Van Gough... good to see you and your friends. What'd you do to your hair?