Well there goes another year! I apologize for not having posted an entry in December, I was very busy finishing classes, taking finals, and saying goodbye to friends for the first half of the month, and I was very busy going to the beach, reading books, and lounging under hammocks (see above) for the second half. The Vassar Swim & Dive team finished a strong semester at Liberty Leagues in Rochester, you can read about our results in Vassar's newspaper, the Miscellany News. Then I had two giant research papers, an Italian oral exam, a Kabuki drama performance, an Art History test, and an Econ final. It was my hardest finals period yet, and I had to finish my Shakespeare paper on the flight home. But then I got here and I forgot all about the freezing cold, the snowstorm I barely missed, everything East Coasty! Even though I only had two weeks, I managed to fit in lots of time with family, friends, and Moloka'i. Tonight I fly back to Poughkeepsie, then to Fort Lauderdale, Florida for the swim team's week-long training trip. I'm sorry to leave home, but I know I'm going to have a lot of fun during the rest of my winter break, and at school this semester. Happy 2010 everyone!
Swimmers passed out at Liberty Leagues.
It was a good end-of-semester meet, and I was pleased with my times, most of which were season bests.
The gang celebrating the end of the year!
The O'ahu Club!
Climbing Koko Crater with my friends.
Kim, Nawa, me, Ashley, Devin, and Kevin. On the way down I fell on my arm and/or hand (I'm not really sure) and ended up breaking my finger. It is still a little swollen but it won't get in the way of my swimming and eh, it's just a finger.
Hawai'i Kai!
HUGE waves at Pipeline. It was a great year for surfing and I'm glad I got to be here to see some of it.
Cornmeal waffles on Christmas morning!
Jay, Dad, and Sierra inspecting their gifts. I got a waterproof map of Europe, giftcards, a Mammoth sweatshirt, new iPod headphones, and a leather jacket.
The backyard of Ka Home Maluhia!
The walkway was washed out to sea at Thanksgiving!
Sierra grabbing the sun.
Tutu and Papa walking to sunset.
Me and Mom.
Dad painted a picture of the Smart kids on Moloka'i.
1 comment:
wow, you did have a good break and a full 2009! Here's hoping 2010 is the best yet!
Post a Comment