Greetings from New York City! I'm just starting my two months in Manhattan, having finished a month back home. I had a blast surfing and stand-up paddling, spending a weekend on Moloka'i, and hiking Haleakala on Maui. All in all I'm pretty lucky to enjoy such friends and family in that kind of paradise. But now I find myself in a pretty new atmosphere here in Harlem, where I'll be commuting to my two internships and generally learning a lot about this so-called real world. It's too early to tell what this experience is going to be like, other than it being different from any other summer I've had. In the next two months I'll try to take plenty of pictures of this overwhelming, gigantic, astounding city!
Jay showing off his impressive collection of glass-blowing pieces.
Sierra performed hula at Punahou and she was amazing!
Mom and Sierra jumping in the water at From Here to Eternity Beach!
Sierra also had a piano recital. She's a prodigy!
My friends Ashley and Amy on Moloka'i, where we spent a very relaxing, beautiful couple of days with Tutu and Papa.
I'm going to miss Ka Home Maluhia!
Me and Sierra at Waimea Bay, North Shore!
Mom and me doing a downwinder on the stand-up paddle boards.
This is the view from the National Park Center above the awesome "crater" that is Haleakala, the highest peak on Maui.
About to start our adventure!
Day 1: the famous silverswords!
Day 2 got greener.
This was my view during a little nap on our hike through the Kaupo Gap, where we could see the peaks of the Big Islands above the clouds.
Dad and Bob on day 3, when we covered more than 10 miles.
Dad and a tree along our walk through Oheo Gulch, where we hiked on our last day in Maui.
We were rewarded in the end by a huge waterfall.
Raquel and I celebrating her sister's graduation.
Me, Ilene and Greg reunited at Greg's birthday party. Behind us (though you can't see it) is the Manhattan skyline!
1 comment:
Thanks for keeping up the posts!
Post a Comment