Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One Though We're Two


The end of my junior year was so crazy! As predicted, it flew by and suddenly I am home, surrounded by palm trees and sea turtles. As classes puttered out and free time with friends grew, I set up next year's housing situation, rang in my upcoming seniorhood, and figured out all my various classes and plays for next semester. I also became a co-captain of the Vassar swim team! May arrived, and after a festive Founder's Day, I performed in Shakespeare Troupe's outdoor production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream"! It was a stressful week leading up to it, but it was worth putting more focus on our show than on my schoolwork. Our audiences sat and laughed their heads off, and I became even closer to this awesome group of theater-makers. Then despite some final exams here and there, Senior Week dominated my attentions, and I spent my days giving my senior friends a proper goodbye. It was surreal to see them graduate and think that's where I'll be in a year.
I'm not sure of my internet access this summer up in Camp Treetops, but I'll try to keep updating with fun pictures from summer camp!


The Jewett gang - the five guys in the group will be living together next year in senior housing. It's what I'm looking forward to the most about next year.


Neal, Joe, Naomi and I participated in the tradition of ringing the bell atop Main Building, which officially makes us seniors!


TA 44, my home for the entirety of this semester, will be sorely missed. There was much partying, Rock Band-playing, and nacho-making with my dear family. This was taken at 6am while we watched the royal wedding on TV.


Founder's Day! A whole day dedicated to being sloppy with your best friends!


Meg and I celebrating. We need to consider modeling.


My friends Joe, Akari, and Charlie dancing the day away.


Greg and Neal on Founder's Day. The weather took a while to warm up this year, but the first day of May was finally perfect for lounging around in shorts.


Our beautiful Shakespeare Troupe! After a lengthy rehearsal process and many logistical and creative challenges overcome, we put on a lively and theatrical rendition of "A Midsummer Night's Dream".


A hilarious scene from the show - I'm sorry there's no video!


Me in a dress! I played Flute, the enthusiastic young actor who takes on the role of a woman in the play-within-a-play, and Egeus, Hermia's father. All twelve actors played multiple roles.


The show's beautiful finale. By this point in the show, the audience was huddled in their blankets and jackets, and none of us could feel our feet.


Nate came to see the show and we had a fun weekend, dining in style in both Poughkeepsie and New York.


In the city we ate at this restaurant Prune, and saw "House of Blue Leaves" on Broadway.


I saw my friends off to Senior Formal, one of the many activities offered during Senior Week. They're so cute!


My friend Greg and I performed in the Commencement Cabaret at the end of the year. It's a duet called "I Will Never Leave You" from the musical "Sideshow", which is about two conjoined twin sisters. I think it's safe to say we nailed it.


Commencement 2011.


I'll miss my graduating friends!


A lazy afternoon here in the Smart house. Grandma Wackie is here visiting! So far I've gotten in all that beach time I've been craving, and am getting ready for Jay's graduation. It's a pretty big year for him and the Smart family!

No comments: