Monday, December 1, 2008

Awkward Udders

There are only three weeks left until the end of my first semester of college. Time has flown by, but there have been plenty opportunities to stop and marvel at my pretty darn awesome life. On November 13 I went to see a live taping of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, where Bill O'Reilly was the guest. As a student worker in the Drama Department box office, I ushered two fantastic theatre productions. Every Saturday for the past month has been occupied by an intense but fun swim meet, either at Vassar or at another school. And for Thanksgiving break, I went to the city to spend time with high school friends, see the Broadway musical "Avenue Q" and prepare for my next semester. The weather is trying to make up its mind about whether or not to freeze us all to death, and my professors have made up their mind that they are going to homework me to death. But other than a brief bout of homesickness during Thanksgiving, I love it here. Some of the people I have met have become my best friends. And I am confident Vassar will help prepare me for the real world... once I find out what I'm going to be doing with my life.

You'll notice there are significantly less leaves here than a month ago.

This was above the entrance to the Daily Show studio. The wait was long, the security was tight, and the show was hilarious.

The Harvest Ball, a USO tour-type dance that was really really fun.

My first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

The floats were awesome.

The gang after ice skating at Bryant Park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog!!!!
Can't believe your 1st semester
is nearing the end.

G'ma and G'pa

Jim Smart said...

Homework me to death, ha ha! Spare a thought for your poor professors who have to read all those papers.