Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Jesus Was Born and So I Get Presents

December was an odd last month at Vassar, full of late-night studying and turbulent weather. On the 5th and 6th, the Vassar swim team went to RPI for Liberty Leagues, where the team did rather well:
http://athletics.vassar.edu/?action=fullnews&id=2201
Then the semester ended! Classes finished and finals began, meaning two papers and two exams for me. When it was all over, I stayed in the city with my friend Will before flying home, just barely escaping the crazy East Coast snowstorm. Now I am spending time with family and friends, and it feels like I never left home!

Sunset Lake the day after a heavy rainstorm.

A partially frozen Sunset Lake a few weeks later. Excellent for breaking off pieces of ice and throwing them onto the lake like a five year old.

"Primal Scream" occurs at midnight the night before finals begin. Basically everyone gathers in the quad and screams their brains out.

This was what I saw outside my window upon waking up for my last day on campus.

I had one day of winter wonderland with Will and Amy before going home.

Trying to figure out how to put on a scarf.

Reunited! Ashley, Nawa, Amy, Kevin and Martine.

The family at Christmas!

Jay and Sierra on Moloka'i. My family spent five very enjoyable days there with Tutu and Papa.

It's good to be home!

Flying into Honolulu.