Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shut Up With Your Big Shoes

It's January 21st, 2009, and I'm feeling an odd sense of triumph. Something in the air is making me want to smile incessantly for no reason, sing showtunes while walking through campus, and even sometimes dance around like a crazy person. I wonder what strange thing could have occurred that is making me feel so peculiar, so ecstatic...



Ah, yes. That.
My winter break went from not-so-winter-ish to very-winter-ish when I flew back to school on the 7th to train for swimming. For the past two weeks, I've been doing only three things: swimming, eating, and sleeping. The team as a whole has been having an absolute blast. Today, however, classes for the new semester begin. It was weird seeing Vassar going from empty to overly crowded, just as it is weird to see Vassar covered in a blanket of snow. Highlights of spring break include boogie boarding at Pipeline, surfing at Waikiki, swimming with turtles at Sandy's, hanging out with old friends, the 24-hour trip back to Poughkeepsie (not), our team's trip to Boston, and of course, planning my spring break vacation, when I will be traveling to ITALY!

Celebrating Sierra's 7th birthday at the Old Spaghetti Factory.

Yaaaaay!

Beautiful Cambridge.

During our brief time in Harvard Square, I got to see Zoƫ, who took me on a tour.

Snow everywhere!

This is Noyes House, where I stayed before moving back into Jewett.

The Vassar Men.

2 comments:

Yo Mama said...

Niiiice!

Jim Smart said...

Zipadee doo dah!

I like the breast stroke photo. Very intense.