A blog for grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and old friends who care to hear about a day in the life of Jack Smart, Vassar class of 2012.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Would A Liar Bring Mini-Mars Bars?
Even though we apparently only have a hundred more days of this semester, it seems like my classes started just yesterday. I am taking a Literary Studies class with the English department, a Modern European History class, and a class called "Perspectives in International Studies". I am also continuing Italian, and recently declared Italian as my major because I will probably end up with more than enough credits to fulfill the concentration requirements. My roommate Neal and I are also in the process of planning our spring break trip to Venice, Florence, and Rome. Swimming is reaching its final days, meaning more intense meets and practices. At the end of February, the Vassar Men will compete in the New York NCAA Division Three State Championship Tournament! For results on today's Sprint Invite at Vassar, visit http://athletics.vassar.edu/?action=fullnews&id=2303 Last weekend I spent two days in the city with Dad, who has come to New York to present historic sites over the web to his sixth grade class. The two of us got tickets to the Broadway show "In the Heights", saw familiar faces at a Camp Treetops reunion, and visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I returned to Vassar, then Dad joined me a few days later to hang out and see my school. Happy Valentine's Day!
Meg and Neal cutting my hair in the Jewett bathroom. It was a group effort.
Snowing on campus. We've had some crazy weather over the past few weeks, but now that the snow is melting it's almost like winter is over.
Sunset Lake!
Me and Raquel, who is interning at Fox Business News for six months.
Me and Kai, who is spending a semester teaching in New York public schools.
'Nuf sed.
I got the autograph of Lin-Manuel Miranda, the star and creator of "In the Heights".
He was awesome.
The signatures of the Beatles and Brian Wilson at the New York Annex of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Dad and me in Grand Central Station.
The partially-frozen Hudson.
The Kresge Pool.
The 200 medley relay: Jeremy (in the water), Tom, John, and me.
1 comment:
What does the title mean? Some inside joke I guess. Your coat looks good and I'm so glad you saw Raquel and Kai! Keep ripping in the pool!
Post a Comment